Jotto Desk has asserted itself as a formidable provider of police and public safety products in the last 20 years. Located out of the Rogers, Arkansas, Jotto Desk is primarily known for its laptop mounts, but it offers much more than that. It’s a standard story — a manufacturer makes its name with a particular product or line of products, experiences a quick wave of success and sees an opportunity to diversify its product offerings. Jotto Desk now manufactures a range of products for police, including prisoner partitions, gun racks, storage solutions, and push bumpers.
Jotto Desk’s Product Offerings consist of Laptop Mounts, Equipment Consoles, Partitions & Gun Racks:
Although the company is best known for its laptop mounts and equipment consoles, it has several product lines worth considering. For the discerning fleet manager, this is what to look for from Jotto Desk:
1. Laptop mounts – Police officers need to have access to a variety of equipment in a small space, and perhaps the most important piece of in-vehicle equipment is their laptop. Mounting options abound, but Jotto Desk’s options are considered among the best.
The company’s flagship laptop mount is the A-MOD Desktop model, which stands for Adjustable Mobile Operations Desktop. The A-MOD is constructed with high strength aluminum, case-hardened steel, and composite materials, where it makes the most sense. The A-MOD is designed with an articulated arm that allows for full, 360-degree movement, so officers can position their laptop precisely at all times. And with the A-MOD’s brass tubular lock, the laptop isn’t going anywhere once secured.
The articulated arm is a rarity in the industry and affords the officer a great deal of flexibility in operating their laptop mount. With full movement, officers can bring the laptop to themselves when needed, which minimizes back and neck strain. When the laptop is no longer needed, it can be stored up against the dash to give the officer more space in the cab. The height is adjustable as well, and the stand can be removed from its base in moments, as it is installed without the need for drilling.
Jotto Desk also manufactures several side laptop mount models, designed for a variety of police vehicles.
2. Heavy Duty mounts – Jotto Desk produces heavy-duty or HD mounts for laptops. HD mounting is ideal for vehicles that operate in more trying road conditions, like those in rural departments. The difference between the A-MOD and HD laptop mounts is in their construction. While the HD features the same high strength aluminum and steel, its base is built with 7-gauge steel, which is tough enough to take vigorous jostling and vibration. The installation also has a point of design with the HD mount, as it can be attached to one of many OEM mounting locations. The result is a laptop mount that offers superior stability and longevity.
3. Equipment consoles – In addition to laptop mounts, Jotto Desk also manufactures consoles that can help mount radio equipment and other electronic accessories as well. Some of these consoles are designed for use with the laptop mounts and attach directly to them. Others are intended for use in the center console.
Many of the equipment consoles are built with a docking station for laptops and can accommodate varying lengths of radio cords. Some also provide a mounting location for printers and paper rolls. Like all of Jotto Desk’s products, equipment consoles are designed for particular vehicle makes and models, so they install quickly and snugly.
4. Prisoner partitions – Jotto Desk’s prisoner partitions are designed to provide maximum workspace for the officers while not compromising on security. Among its partition models is the High Security/High Visibility design, which offers the same excellent level of protection while also preserving the officer’s sight lines. Whether the officer is using their rearview mirror or turning around for a more detailed look, the HS/HV partition will not affect the officer’s vision.
A safety window built into the partition allows for communication from one side of the partition to the other but is small enough that no one can get through. Specifically, the window is 4 inches tall and 11 inches wide, so even the most flexible prisoner won’t be able to get through.
If fleet managers prefer, they can opt for a larger safety window built with safety wire to offset the opening. High-security extension panels, or HSEPs, are also available optionally, which provide an additional layer of protection for the officers.
5. ZRT Gun Rack – The ZRT Gun Rack is Jotto Desk’s most advanced gun rack option and is built with the company’s Smartlok technology. Every ZRT rack is built with polycarbonate butt plates and zinc lock heads, which deform instead of breaking when attacked. Silicone inserts in the lock head keep the weapon safe from harm, and this is all possible with a lock head that is 1/3 the size of traditional lock head options.
The ZRT comes with plug and play wiring for the lock head and timer, and its extruded backbone design means the lock can be used to accommodate different stock sizes quickly. Finally, the ZRT is also built with a slide latch that recesses into the housing when the firearm is accessed. All of these features make the ZRT a veritable fortress of a gun rack, and ensure no one is brute forcing it down.
Jotto Desk’s products are about maximizing the space in every police vehicle, giving officers more freedom in organizing their workspaces while enhancing their security.More Info⇩